Bonny Lea Farm Launches Annual Fund Drive with Laura’s Story

CHESTER – November 29, 2017 – Bonny Lea Farm, an enhanced residential and vocational program for adults with developmental disabilities, will launch its Annual Fund Drive on December 1, by sharing Laura’s Story and inviting you to feel the joy of sharing in making someone’s day, “The best day ever!”

When people ask, “What makes Bonny Lea Farm different?” Bonny Lea Farm replies, “We change lives. Countless times participants and their families have told us, some with smiles and some with tears, about what Bonny Lea Farm means to them – opportunity, security, purpose, friendship, dignity, respect, choice and hope.” Laura’s Story has both smiles and tears

Laura’s Story

“For ten years after moving away from my parents’ home, seeking independence and work as an adult, I felt like I was not living. Instead of thriving, I was in survival mode, moving from “home” to “home”, never feeling truly safe and secure. Driving past and hearing about Bonny Lea Farm from others, I knew things could be different and I applied for their program.

I dreamed of a home where I would feel safe and secure and not fearing when I would need to move again. I wanted somewhere I could feel confident and where I would be supported in making my own decisions. I wanted to experience the life that I knew participants have here at Bonny Lea Farm,” Laura.

Laura waited ten years before receiving a phone call letting her know that there was a vacancy and asking if she would like her name put forward. She said “Yes!” 

“It was the best day ever. A dream come true!” exclaims Laura.

Now after only six months of living and working at Bonny Lea Farm, Laura feels at home.

“Here at Bonny Lea Farm I feel I am beginning to live again.”

“Bonny Lea Farm has given Laura and us a new life. We can’t explain the peace of mind we have in knowing Laura feels she can finally put down roots and grow. We haven’t seen her so happy, comfortable and confident in years. Bonny Lea Farm has given her the quality of life she deserves. It has given her hope,” shares Delores and Shawn Glazier, Laura’s Mom and Dad.

On December 1, Bonny Lea Farm will be launching its Annual Fund Drive. If you would like to help make Bonny Lea Farm a place where hope is born and dreams come true, please visit or call 902-275-5622 ext 241 to make your donation today.  

Your support has an impact and brings joy to the participants who live and work at Bonny Lea Farm. It provides them with daily opportunities to learn, grow and succeed – working in the social enterprises, accessing enhanced programs, going on outings in the community, developing life-long friendships.

Join our family of over 700 supporters who feel joy by sharing in making someone’s day, “The best day ever!”

Bonny Lea Farm supports 45 participants from across Nova Scotia in our residential, vocational and therapeutic programs. It costs $4 million dollars each year to deliver our specialized programs. We receive 75% of our funding from the provincial government. The remaining 25% comes from foundations, grants, our social enterprises and investments made by supporters.


Liz Finney

Bonny Lea Farm

Fund Development Director

902-275-5622 ext 241

902-277-0986 (cell)